- Friedrich?Schiller?Universität Universitäts?Sternwarte DDR?69 Jena Schillergäßchen 2 German Democratic Republic
The light variations appearing as a consequence of a dark spot on the photosphere of a star are studied. The shape of the lightcurve depends on the position of the spot on the stellar surface, the orientation of the rotational axis in relation to the observer, the size of the spot, and the temperature difference between the spot and the photosphere. The spots leads to a shift of the stars in the colour?magnitude diagram.
- 1 - natural sciences ; 2 - physics & astronomy ; 3 - astronomy & astrophysics
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines ; 2 - sciences exactes et technologie ; 3 - terre, ocean, espace ; 4 - astronomie
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Earth and Planetary Sciences ; 3 - Space and Planetary Science
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Physics and Astronomy ; 3 - Astronomy and Astrophysics