- University Observatory, St Andrews, Scotland
- Department of Computational Science, University of St Andrews
- University Observatory, St Andrews Communicated by the Director, University Observatory, St Andrews
New photometric observations are presented of the short-period eclipsing binary system SV Cam. These, together with published data, are analysed and it is shown that the system is composed of a G3 V primary component slightly evolved above the main sequence and a K4 V secondary component which also exhibits BY Draconis-type variability. The extensive series of published times of minima indicate that the eclipsing pair orbit a third component with a period of 64 yr.
- 1 - natural sciences ; 2 - physics & astronomy ; 3 - astronomy & astrophysics
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Earth and Planetary Sciences ; 3 - Space and Planetary Science
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Physics and Astronomy ; 3 - Astronomy and Astrophysics