- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 USA
- New York University, New York, New York 10003 USA
We construct on the Lie group R × S3 a left invariant metric, which satisfies the Einstein field equations with incoherent matter. We call the Riemannian space M4, obtained this way, the Finite Rotating Universe, since the normal subgroup S3 constitutes the (finite) space sections of M4, and the matter rotates.We discuss the geometry of M4 and its relation to one version of Mach's principle.
- 1 - natural sciences ; 2 - physics & astronomy ; 3 - nuclear & particles physics
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines ; 2 - sciences exactes et technologie ; 3 - terre, ocean, espace ; 4 - astronomie
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Physics and Astronomy ; 3 - General Physics and Astronomy