- Department D'Astrophysique de l'I.M.S.P., E.R.A. du C.N.R.S. Université de Nice, Parc Valrose, F-06034, Nice Cedex, France
- Observatoire de Nice, 06007, Nice Cedex, France
- Bartol Research Foundation of The Franklin Institute, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, U.S.A.
This paper presents the latest results obtained from the analysis of the full-disk Doppler shift observations obtained at the geographic South Pole in 1981. About 80 normal modes of oscillation (l = 0–3) have now been identified. Their frequencies range from 1886 ?Hz (l = 1, n = 12) to 5074.5 ?Hz (l = 2, n = 35), and their amplitudes are as low as 2.5 cm s-1. Amplitude modulation occurs with periods of 1–2 days, and the individual oscillations appear to be excited randomly and independently. In cases where other groups have observed some of the modes identified by us, the agreement in frequency is good.
- 1 - natural sciences ; 2 - physics & astronomy ; 3 - astronomy & astrophysics
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines ; 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales ; 3 - sciences medicales ; 4 - physiologie humaine appliquee a l'etude des populations et des conditions de vie. ecophysiologie humaine
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Earth and Planetary Sciences ; 3 - Space and Planetary Science
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Physics and Astronomy ; 3 - Astronomy and Astrophysics